Visitors

Monday, March 23, 2020

Kalala Organic Estate Winery Zweigelt 2017, VQA British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Zweigelt 2017

🧐 Alcohol 12.6%

🍁 My Score 91 Points 

🧩 Aged mainly in Hungarian barrels for 18 months.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Intriguing and very attractive nose with aromas of cherries, plums, dried strawberries, cassis and peppery notes. On the mouthfeel, light bodied, complex flavours, silky tannins and lively acidity. The finish is medium-long with flavours of plums, spices and a charming touch of earthy and undergrowth.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Not yet available here on a Vancouver Island and generously provided to me by Kalala Organic Estate after having written on Instagram, of my interest in tasting this varietal and my love of cooler climate wines. Oh My! What a lovely wine, there is so much going on; it’s awesome, fruity aromatics, the mouthfeel is complex, well balanced with less fruity flavours than the aromatics would have you believe. Quite a charming Zweigelt with endless pairing possibilities but would easily make a lovely sipping wine. We will definitely be bringing this lovely wine in our store Vintage Spirits in Victoria. It should be an easy sell for wine lovers like me, who are looking for an interesting and different wine experience. Cheers my wine friends 🍷



No comments:

Post a Comment