Visitors

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Carpineto Chianti Classico Riserva 2015, VQA Tuscany, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Sangiovese 80%
🍇 Canaiolo and other varietals 20%

🧐 Alcohol 13.5%

🍁 My Score 92%

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Very attractive nose with aromas of sour cherries, blackberries, tobacco, earthy and cedar notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, intense flavours, beautiful textured tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium-long with black fruit, tobacco and earthy, smoky flavours lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I have been a fan of the classic Italian winemaking style from Carpineto for many years. Really enjoyed visiting their table at the Vancouver International Wine Festival last February and tasting some of their wines for the first time. Two of my favourites that day, were their Molin Vecchio 2010 (Sangiovese/Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah blend) and this delicious Chianti from the super 2015 vintage. I am looking forward to opening their Chianti Classico 2016 and their Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2015, patiently waiting in my cellar. Cheers my wine friends 🍷



No comments:

Post a Comment