Visitors

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet/Shiraz 2015, South Australia, Australia 🇦🇺




🍇 Cabernet Sauvignon 53%
🍇 Shiraz 47%

🧐 Alcohol 14.5%

🍁 My Score 91 Points 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Rich and intense nose with aromas of black fruit, burnt brown sugar, wood smoke, leather and cedar notes. On the mouthfeel, full bodied, generous and broad textured, firm tannins and balanced acidity. The finish is long, intense with black cherries and blackberry fruit, bitter chocolate and vanilla notes. 

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I was cleaning up my cork collection recently and I couldn’t believe how many Penfold corks I have. I realize that many of their wines don’t come with cork closure any more, but the wines I have purchased from them were mostly from the Bin Series; Bin 28, 128, on many occasions 389 and on one occasion 407. I have a previous  blog post that shows me spending $79 for a 2008 Magnum of Bin 389. Now, this regular size bottle was purchased for $100. Wines purchased at this price are rare for me and are definitely a treat. The reason I haven’t purchased these Penfolds wines lately is that the quality hasn’t kept up with the outrageous pace of their price increases. This is a nice wine which should keep improving over the next decade, but next time I want to splurge, I will look somewhere else. Cheers my wine friends 🍷


No comments:

Post a Comment