Visitors

Sunday, June 21, 2020

FREE MY GRAPES 🍇 🇨🇦





Beautiful delivery today from Hidden Bench winery from Ontario 😊

Recently I was reminded of the wonderful wines I had tasted from this winery last December. With the limited space in my suitcase for my flight back home I opted to place an order online and have it shipped. Luckily I live in British Columbia (more on that later)

Latest addition to my cellar;

🔹 Felseck Vineyard Pinot Noir 2016 x3
🔹 Locust Lane Pinot Noir 2016
🔹Terroir Caché 2016 (Merlot, Malbec & Cabernet Franc blend)
🔸Fumé Blanc Rosomel Vineyard 2018

All of these wines, except for the Fumé Blanc (which as just been released) where tasted on my visit in December. The wines arrived in perfect condition and in less than a week. Free shipping across Canada is definitely a great initiative. Thank you so much 😊

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Many people outside of Canada may not know how regulated the sales of alcoholic products are in this country. Could you imagine if you are living in Rome but couldn’t order wines from Piedmont or living in Lyon and couldn’t ordered wine from Bordeaux. People wouldn’t stand for this. But in Canada, each of the ten provinces have their own regulations, taxes and are reluctant to change this system which dates back to the prohibition era. We are working on free trade with many countries but we don’t practice free trade within our own country. The free movement of wine across the country could only benefit our Canadian wineries, the jobs they create and allow wine lovers like me to acquire rare and limited Canadian wines not available in your home province. Fortunately, some of these barriers are coming down. Three provinces including my British Columbia (the other two are Manitoba and Nova Scotia) allow shipping of wines from out of province. Regulations restricting interprovincial shipping to Ontario are set to expired on Canada Day July 1. Let us hope that Ontario wine lovers will be able to purchase online, Canadian wines, like I can, from anywhere in our beautiful Country 🇨🇦

No comments:

Post a Comment