Visitors

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Poplar Grove Merlot 2016, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Merlot 89%
🍇 Cabernet Sauvignon 11%

🧐 Alcohol 14.1%

🍁 My Score 90 Points

🧩 21 months in French oak (25% new, the remaining in a combination of 1-3 years old), followed by a minimum of 12 months of cellar aging prior to release.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Gorgeous nose with aromas of black plums, cherries, black currants, leather, underbrush, spices and peppery notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, good structured and complexity, fine grainy tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is medium length with a flavourful mix of black fruit, peppery and savoury notes.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Poplar Grove is one of my favourite B.C. Merlot and this vintage certainly doesn’t disappoint. I have tasted this wine at two separate trade tastings, it’s definitely improving nicely. Most likely a higher score in 5-6 years. I was lucky enough to pick up the only bottle left on the shelf. When I see it again, I will definitely pick up a few more bottles. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment