Visitors

Monday, May 25, 2020

Villa Raiano Taurasi 2012, Campania, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Aglianico

🧐 Alcohol 13.5%

🍁 My Score 88 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Intriguing and intense on the nose with aromas of black cherries, coffee ground, charred wood, underbrush and lead pencil. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, bone dry, chalky texture, grainy tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium length with flavours of leathery fruit and bitter chocolate.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Aglianico is one of the very few varietals that I could purchase without researching the product before hand. I love the flavours and structure of this varietal, but it is difficult to find here. This was definitely a different style of Aglianico that I am use to. An old school, rustic type of wine where the fruit takes a back seat to the earthy and mineral character. This was still a great wine experience, even with the restrained fruit character of this wine. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment