Visitors

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Touring Ontario Wine Country




This last Sunday with a visit to these three wineries 

🔹First stop at Rosewood Estate Winery and Meadery.  Even if it had been ten years since I last tasted this wineries Merlot, I could almost still taste it. To my surprise, they no longer make Merlot. Like many of their neighbours, they lost all of their Merlot after the vine-killing frost of 2014. A few wineries replanted their Merlot but most replaced with a more sturdy vines like Gamay. My favourites;

🍇 Pét-Nat 2018 (Pinot Noir/Gamay)
🍇 Chardonnay Renaceau Vineyard 2016
🍇 Pinot Noir BlackJack Vineyard 2017

A winery tailor made for my palate. Beautiful, aromatic, elegant wines with low alcohol. If like me, you enjoy local honey products and mead you will be delighted with a visit to this winery. Strongly recommended 👌😊

🔹Second stop Thirty Bench Wine Makers  This is my first visit to this winery. They do have a beautiful spot on the Beamsville bench and are known for their portfolio of Riesling. Strongly recommended. My favourite;

🍇 Small Lot Riesling Steel Post Vineyard 2017
🍇 Small Lot Merlot 2016

Beautiful, classic aromatics on their Rieslings with different levels of alcohol and sweetness and this Merlot is really delicious 🍷

🔹Third stop Hidden Bench Estate Winery  I have heard great things from Hidden Bench but never tasted their wines until today. Oh my Gosh! What a treat 😊 My favourites;

🍇 Pinot Noir Locust Lane Vineyard 2016
🍇 Pinot Noir Felsek Vineyard 2016
🍇 Terroir Caché 2016

All of these beauties are unfiltered 👌 A new favourite.  Period. 🙂  Such a delicious lineup from Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and their Meritage blend. Beautiful texture in their Pinot’s and their Terroir Caché (Bordeaux blend) is very flavourful. Thank you Melissa for this out standing wine experience 🙂


Happy Holidays to all of you and your families. The time to open something special is today 😊 Cheers my wine friends 🍷






No comments:

Post a Comment