Visitors

Monday, December 23, 2019

Touring Ontario Wine Country




Getting my feet wet last Friday with these two wineries in Niagara-on-The-Lake

First stop at Stratus Vineyards. It’s great to finally visit this winery, I have read so many great reviews about their wines. I tasted through an extensive selection of their wines from white, reds and sweeter wines, all led by the very knowledgeable Ben. My favorites,

🍇 Stratus Red 2016 a blend of all five Bordeaux varietals plus Petit Verdot and Tannat
🍇 Botrytis Affected Sémillon 2017
🍇 Riesling Ice Wine 2017

It’s obvious there is a lot of attention to details in everything they do at Stratus. The entire tasting was a real treat, specifically their Botrytis Affected Sémillon 😋

Second stop at Two Sisters Vineyards. I have rarely been a fan of Canadian Sauvignon, well let me tell you how stunning this 2018 Sauvignon Blanc was; I usually prefer my SB to be stainless steel only, with no oak to preserve this varietals crisp acidity. First year that they made their SB without oak and it’s a winner. The best Canadian SB I have ever had. It is very aromatic, with a flavourful, crisp and refreshing acidity. Overall a very pleasant tasting led by Melissa, very knowledgeable. My favourites;

🍇 Sauvignon Blanc 2018
🍇 Cabernet Franc 2015

More wineries to come. Cheers my wine friends 🍷



No comments:

Post a Comment