Visitors

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Oban Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario




A beautiful December evening at the @obaninn, where we are staying in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Duck confit is one of my favourite dinners, when I see it on a restaurant menu it’s a no brainer.

-Duck Confit with smashed sage potato, roasted Brussels sprouts in a Dijon cream sauce

-Maple berry crème brûlée with pistachio biscotti

Nothing has ever bested my favourite meal of duck confit that was prepared at Algonquin College, culinary school @RestaurantInternational where I received my Sommelier Certification. I have to say that Oban Inn’s duck confit challenged my previous favourite with it’s crispy skin, delicious tender meat and served with a flavourful Dijon cream sauce and beautifully prepared smashed potatoes. So good 😋 The dessert was also very good, almost forgot to take a photo in my rush to get started 😂 I almost forgot the wise words of @wyn8969. The camera eats first 😜

And the wine?

Megalomaniac Cabernet Frank 2017, VQA Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada 🇨🇦

The winery description "Forthright and sincere, our Cabernet Franc delivers a knockout punch with a velvet glove"

Right now it’s more like a soft leather glove, the velvet will come later after another year in bottle. Still a very enjoyable wine but it would have been hard to upstage this duck confit.

Cheers my wine friends 🍷







No comments:

Post a Comment