Visitors

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Touring Ontario Wine Country



Day two of three, with a visit to these three wineries in Niagara-on-The-Lake

🔹First stop at Ravine Vineyard It’s been a while since I last tasted Ravine wines. I remember them as beautifully made and on the lighter side. I am glad to see that nothing has changed. Beautiful and stunning wines. My favorites,

🍇 Cabernet Franc 2017
🍇 Reserve Red Unfined and Unfiltered 2016

Definitely my kind of wines, elegant, aromatic, well made with lower alcohol. I heard that starting with this vintage year they have a new winemaker. Hoping that she keeps the winery style pretty much the same 👌🙂

🔹Second stop Icellars Estate Winery, I had never heard of this family run winery, it was strongly recommended by industry people. It’s always incredibly insightful when the wines are being poured by Adnan Icel the winemaker. My favourite;

🍇 Cabernet Franc 2016
🍇 Merlot 2017

Highly recommended for a reason, beautifully structured wines, medium to medium-full bodied and incredibly delicious 😋 Small production with 200 cases for the Merlot and 300 for the Cab Franc.

🔹Third stop Big Head Wines  So much buzz about this fairly new winery. For me it’s reminds me of @hatchwines  in B.C. There is a young energy to this winery, a young clientele and they are pushing the envelope. Many wines here including a raw series. My favourites;

🍇 Pinot Noir 2017
🍇 Bigger Red 2016
🍇 Raw Series Chenin Blanc 2017

I feel that I was barely introduced to the wide range of products from this winery. Really interesting and delicious wines here. Strongly recommended.

More wineries to come. Cheers my wine friends 🍷




No comments:

Post a Comment